By Elizabeth K. Fischer
Are you frustrated with your advertising?
If so, you are likely making mistakes buying advertising. Find out about the twenty-six mistakes businesspeople make buying advertising. Learn how to stop making those mistakes. Discover how to take control of your advertising and end your frustration.
In revealing these twenty-six mistakes to you, Elizabeth’s goal is to help you do more effective advertising.
“This was a ‘Wow’ moment! You are so right, but I never saw it quite this way before. Thanks!” Joylene
“I just finished reading the first chapter and it really resonates with me. Before I came to work at my present job, I did not know the difference between marketing and advertising.” – Jody
“I was just invited to a big event put on by our local daily newspaper. It was put on by ‘marketing consultants.’ It almost seemed like going to a time share meeting. It was very high pressure and consisted of a one year contract for ads in the paper even though our farmers’ market is only open six months a year. I am still getting calls from the paper to sign a contract.” – Lois
- Mistake #1 Buying advertising by equating it with marketing
- Mistake #2 Buying advertising for the wrong reasons
- #3 w/o having a written marketing plan
- #4 w/o establishing objectives
- #5 w/o knowing my target market
- #7 w/o discovering my unique selling proposition.
- #8 w/o using publicity to build a business.
- #9 w/o setting a budget and sticking to it.
- #10 w/o using my plan.
- #11 w/o understanding the media and how to use each well.
- #12 w/o deciding which are the best media to reach my market
- #13 w/o a clue as to the ad’s content
- #14 not using it to deliver a consistent message
- #15 w/o using a campaign long enough and with enough frequency to make a campaign effective
- #16 w/o knowing how to purchase the different media.
- #17 w/o thoroughly checking out what I am buying.
- #18 Buying the media’s line
- #19 w/o using media reps’ knowledge and expertise to my advantage.
- #20 w/o understanding how to negotiate with media reps
- #21 not following through in-store or online.
- #22 not checking to see that what I ordered ran.
- #23 thinking that it will solve my revenue and selling problems.
- #24 not evaluating the marketing plan on a quarterly basis.
- #25 not making the buy part of a marketing system.
- #26 not having the courage to change how you do so.
$22.95 plus tax and shipping